March 10, 2022
S2 E4: Planning, Designing & Constructing New Hospitals w/Jacqueline Costley-Reviel and Mike Wood
Before breaking ground on your new healthcare building, you need some concrete advice.
To guide you through the do’s and don’ts of hospital construction are experts Jacqueline Costley-Reviel, the CEO of Allen Parish Hospital, and Mike Wood, the VP of Planning, Design and Construction at Medxcel.
From obtaining the necessary capital build to determining where to put the entrance, Jackie and Mike’s advice will help you avoid disasters and maximize your patient’s experience while your campus is covered in dirt. They also discuss construction trends and must-have technology to help you get ahead of the field.
Listen in to discover how to successfully build your next healthcare facility on this episode of Outside the Patient’s Door.
**On this episode, you’ll hear:**
- [03:19] Challenges from inheriting previous administration’s projects
- [11:18] How to plan for constructing a new hospital
- [14:31] Trends for hospital construction
- [18:51] Technology’s impact on new hospital construction
- [21:16] Maintaining the patient experience during construction
- [22:47] Lessons learned during construction projects