July 13, 2023
S4 E1: Elevating Patient Care Through Psychological Safety with Kyle Kellum
Creating a psychologically safe environment for your staff has a direct impact on patient safety and outcomes.
When team members feel mentally and emotionally safe, they express their ideas and concerns without fear. They feel empowered to speak up to prevent critical errors at the bedside and share fresh perspectives in team meetings.
In this conversation, Kyle Kellum, CEO of Cherry County Hospital, shares how he’s developed a psychologically safe environment for his team and the effects it’s had on patient care.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- [00:30] Introducing Kyle Kellum, CEO of Cherry County Hospital
- [01:30] Bringing local care to patients
- [03:30] Creating a psychologically safe environment
- [07:30] Identifying red flags from your team
- [09:45] Improving patient care through psychological safety
- [14:00] Leading through the pandemic
- [17:30] Setting the tone as a leader