July 27, 2023
S4 E2: Humanizing Healthcare with Jennifer Krippner
In high-stakes environments, it’s easy to focus on what can go wrong. Our natural instinct is to prevent harm, but dwelling on risks takes our attention away from what really matters in healthcare—relationships with our patients.
Jennifer Krippner, Chief Experience Officer at the Institute for Healthcare Excellence, explains that human-centered care begins with relationships. If we’re constantly scanning our environments for signs of danger, we’ll miss opportunities to develop relationships and create a positive experience for our patients.
In this conversation, Jennifer discusses the connection between positivity and human-centered care and shares practices for hardwiring positivity into your workday.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- [05:40] The origins of the Institute for Healthcare Excellence
- [07:45] Providing human-centered care
- [12:15] Encouraging positive emotional environments
- [17:00] Hardwiring positive emotions into daily work
- [22:00] Shifting toward human-centered care