August 24, 2023
S4 E4: Beyond Hospital Walls: Engaging Your Community with Helen Johnson
Healthcare systems can be a powerful force for good in their communities, and the impact has the potential to reach far beyond physical health. When operated intentionally, local hospitals can provide economic stimulation, resources for social and emotional wellbeing, and steady jobs.
Helen Johnson, President of Sparrow Eaton Hospital, explains how her team has contributed to the flourishing of their community. She shares the creative strategies her healthcare system has used to meet the unique needs of its town. Through Helen’s story, you’ll see the ripple effect of leaders who put their communities first.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- [02:30] The importance of staying curious
- [04:00] Providing economic benefits to your community
- [08:15] Including children in your community strategy
- [09:15] Creative ways to make your voice heard
- [10:30] The ripple effect of involved leaders
- [12:00] How community involvement helps with recruitment </aside>