October 5, 2023
S4 E7: Promoting Resilience in Children and Adolescents with Dr. Patricia Hillis-Clark
The pandemic highlighted the importance of mental health, especially in children and adolescents. Many wrestled with anxiety and depression during lockdowns, and the struggle continued even after we returned to a sense of normalcy.
In this conversation, Dr. Patricia Hillis-Clark, Executive Director at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, discusses how the pandemic affected the mental health of young people and what healthcare leaders can do to equip patients and families to achieve positive outcomes.
She shares the challenges in the mental healthcare system, the unique stressors facing children today, and the importance of involving families in mental health.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- [01:00] Introducing Dr. Patricia Hillis-Clark, Executive Director at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
- [03:18] How the pandemic affected the mental health of children
- [05:10] How Devereux served patients during the Pandemic
- [08:12] Evidence-based practices for achieving positive outcomes
- [13:52] Staffing struggles in healthcare
- [16:45] Understanding mental health vs. mental illness
(For more information about Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, along with how the nonprofit provides hope and healing for children, adolescents and adults with emotional, behavioral and cognitive differences, visit www.devereux.org