November 2, 2023
S4 E9: Enhancing Patient Care: Valuable Insights and Lessons from COVID-19 with Neil Thornbury
Good healthcare is all about caring for people holistically. It involves connecting with patients and engaging their support systems to optimize both physical and emotional outcomes.
In this conversation, Neil Thornbury, CEO of T.J. Regional Health, shares the importance of relationships in all areas of healthcare – between patients and providers, patients and their loved ones, and between fellow team members.
Neil also unpacks the lessons he learned from the pandemic, shares what factors influence employee engagement, and discusses the role of technology in healthcare.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- [00:30] Introducing Neil Thornbury, CEO of T.J. Regional Health
- [02:30] How the pandemic shifted community needs
- [05:30] The role of telehealth and AI in the post-pandemic world
- [07:00] Lasting changes from the pandemic
- [11:00] Leading with transparency
- [14:15] Increasing employee engagement
- [18:00] Providing relationship-centered care